~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DELETED THREAD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erotica

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 8:31

DELETED

Last edited by Erotica on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 13:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the guru

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 21:52

nothing like reading a good erotic story to get me in the mood , mmm i gotta find me misus before the flame burns out cya
Back to top Go down
melli

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 0:39

I think Erotic has a new-age 'mills and boon' quality, what I mean by this is it's a genre suitable for setting the standard of post-60's/70's Mills and boons housewives secretly enjoying adult literature, Erotics being pitched more toward a more up-beat and intelligent Gen X and Y audience. I know the general consensus it that woman have become more liberated since the 50's and 60's, but trust me when I tell you our grandmothers were reading more saucy material than we were, this or would dare feast our eyes, at least publicly anyway.
Gen Y are quite conservative in this way....as are their attitudes towards nudity and sexuality in general. We have become quite prudish, but I think we might be on the brink of change, whereby it's starting to become cool to explore sexuality again. Erotic, I didn't think I would enjoy reading this sort of thing as much as I have....who knows, even my own attitudes to this sort of literature might be changing as we speak.

But because you have a gift for story telling, this makes a big difference.

Have you thought about acquiring a literary agent, the book I mentioned last night, "The Australian Writers Market place 2009/10 has a chapter starting on pg 394 which I think will assist you. Basically there are two ways in...either by entering literary competitions, (and Not just Australian based ones)...or get yourself an agent.

I think your style is perfect for , but you're agent may try and get you to tone some of the sexually explicit bits down a little"...but there's an agent called Lyn Tranter, (best view her website first (view the style guide re- the submission of your synopsis (I haven't looked at her guide myself so you would need to contact her or go to her site....the address is
and whilst I know she deals with adult literary fiction and fantasy, (no poetry or screen plays) she does stress some 'kinds' of writing are not of interest, so you would need to get some idea of exactly what is within her realm of acceptable literature, to see if she's what you are looking for.

Self publishing is risky, (people have had success with it, a friend of mine did, though has since found an agent) to avoid your manuscript finding it's way into to slush/dog pile.

(the place you're manuscripts will sit for months without the publishers even looking at them...presuming they do at all because they give their previously published authors priority) ...best to build some sort of rapport with them briefly ...(meet them at a lit event and ask for their business card).....this and or get an agent or enter competitions which not only promise prize money, but will come with the promise of their publishing your piece/book ... so it gets out there.

When I have some more time today....(I have a few things to do re- new news and media forums here this morning) I will try and find competitions and agents specifically geared to you're genre.
love your writing, keep it up, and really hope you think about what I have said, e-zines are another alternative for self publishers, we are going to see an explosion of these coming to surface over the next 10 years.

Smile...Just be careful about 'vanity publishing'.. whereby you the author is sucked into publishing your work, entirely at your expense (I nearly fell for this trap) ...and remember if it's worthwhile publishing, be patient, someone will take you on. But don't fall for the trap I nearly did, as tempting as it is. They are an absolute con.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 0:47

Sorry about that word salad, i'm trying to do 10 things at once as usual Lyn Tranters web sites at www.austlit.com....and please don't think I am in anyway in-the-know (lol far from it) I got this info from the book I mentioned which is like a bit of a bible for those trying to break into the industry.

Smile lol, feel free to tell me to stick a cork in it if you wish, if you aren't interested in getting published and just want to do so for recreation.

Cheers.

cheers ...anyway...I have some more things to do, back shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
Lplate

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 8:36

Erotic, and very educational.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Erotica

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 11:06

what did you learn Lplate?
Back to top Go down
fireman

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 7:20

mmm erotic I would like to introduce my self im a fireman and i rekon u got a dirty mind , I wonder if that has ever happened to u honey, by the way hope u can handle a fireman lol my email is wcfirewind@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Erotica

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 9:35

sorry, I have an aversion to men in uniform. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 22:34

It's depends on the uniform, myself, I prefer men in masks Cool

But if the paper bag falls off, that's ok too.

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
Erotica

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 0:46

masks.... Sounds like an idea for a new story... Hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DELETED THREAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: DELETED THREAD   DELETED THREAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DELETED THREAD
Page 1 of 1