~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thankyou for your patience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Thankyou for your patience Empty
PostSubject: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 1:33

I needed to close the board in order to ensure I could close it down properly at a moments notice...(plus I went out to dinner last night)..so thought I might take the opportunity to see if I closed the board down properly this time.

*success* No back door entry now, eh kids?

Very Happy ..What I will do is make some of you moderators, (without powers or privileges) ie, you wont be able to delete posts or have access to a panel or any tools ...it's just so I can make the boards "Mods" only when I go away.

What do you guys think about this?

Basically here are the options...

1:Close the boards when I know like last night I wont be online for a while.

2:Make it by invitation only for some members while I am not on deck.

3:Let the boards run wild while I am not here, giving people like Carl the opportunity to flame themselves and various other sites only to screen-save their own crap and accuse others of having written it.

As he is a desperate and persistent bugger.

Smile I have no idea why "IT" even bothers coming to this board. Perhaps yahoo ran out of bridges for it, (and those like it) to lurk under...or perhaps he /IT just enjoys the attention?
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 5:45

If you ask me, closing the boards down without a moments notice is pointless. Whats the point of having a forum community, if you then lock the community out so they cant see or post?

Leave it open, and just delete the dickheads when you return!!
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 8:48

My thoughts as well. If you continue to shut down the boards on a whim the few people that are coming here will not bother coming at all.
Back to top Go down
VCM

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 8:55

I guess it comes down to "Its my ball so I can take it and go home". But, I know I would tire quickly of that. I though the point was this place wasn't to be controlled.
Back to top Go down
ninaborn2fordsparklee

ninaborn2fordsparklee

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 10:22

Erotica wrote:
My thoughts as well. If you continue to shut down the boards on a whim the few people that are coming here will not bother coming at all.

Have to agree with that.
After a couple of days of getting the message 'closed for maintainance' you lose interest or the rythm of coming here for a peek and squeesy.

As shady said, if theres idiots posting abuse whilst absent then just delete the threads.
But as you dont want to delete and maintain free speech then whats to stop them posting now?

Whats the diff?
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 17:26

Quote :
..What I will do is make some of you moderators, (without powers or privileges) ie, you wont be able to delete posts or have access to a panel or any tools ...it's just so I can make the boards "Mods" only when I go away.

What do you guys think about this?

I still think you're a moron.

And, since Brock, Medulla and the other Yahoo trolls here are just using you for their own twisted, sadistic amusement I'll give you a bit of free advice (although I don't know why I'm bothering):

I'd be very careful about giving them ANY Admin or Mod powers.
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 17:35

Quote :
if theres idiots posting abuse whilst absent then just delete the threads.

She thrives on it. That's why she allows guests to post.
Back to top Go down
Carls.br

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeWed 17 Feb 2010 - 19:46

Hey Carl
Where you been?
Mum wanted to know if you still wanted those Barbies cause she's doing a St Vinnies drive.
Try and make it this w/end will ya as were having a roast.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 2:45

Erotica, I really couldn't care less if people lost interest and decided not to come here at all.

Honestly, and with all due respect, some of us have more important, pressing things to contend with at present.

OK!

Maintaining these boards hasn't been my priority over the last few days...an no, I wont apologise for this.

Smile Some things are just more important, and given I didn't have time to contend with both Carls (the troll) imaginary on-line-cyber litigations and my own personal pursuits/responsibilities away from these boards, one had to suffer.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 3:19

Quote :
I still think you're a moron.

And, since Brock, Medulla and the other Yahoo trolls here are just using you for their own twisted, sadistic amusement I'll give you a bit of free advice (although I don't know why I'm bothering):

I'd be very careful about giving them ANY Admin or Mod powers.

Forgive me, but I think you are proceeding from the false presumption that your "Free advice" might have been worth something to begin with.

Piss off....Idiot!

Smile
Back to top Go down
lolololo

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 3:28

Thats telling him bahbahbahbahbahbah

cheers Very Happy Wink Cool Razz bounce Basketball sunny queen Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
lolololo

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 3:53

***Piss off....Idiot!****

Yeah that's what they all say , eventually.

Welcome back melli it's been quiet without you and i think its best if you reconsider closing the forum because it does annoy us especially if we don't understand why you shut up shop. Wondering if we did something wrong.

I will come back a bit later I hope all is well on the home front, i read your earlier posts and understand.

cheers drunken bounce cyclops Wink Idea Shocked Smile Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 4:21

that's fine - if you don't want people to stick around I guess that's your decision. As you rightly point out, you have better things to do than play moderator.

For myself, I can say quite honestly that if you are going to regularly shut this board when you feel like it then I probably won't bother coming here much. My timetable for when I want to post might not necessarily match up with when you feel like having the board open.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 4:41

I have no intentions of shutting the boards again, fret not... (I trust the idiot who was filing childish litigations against this forum will take the hint and finally piss off) ....Honestly, I was in the midst of doing something to the board , replying to carls litigation which it filed against this site, ( I think I posted this already) when something very important came up.

Something that just couldn't wait.

Situation has been dealt with Erotica, I wont give the troll anymore ammo re- the matter which lead me to close the boards for a brief period, and just hope you trust that what I had to do was quite serious, serious enough that I forgot all about the board, let alone it being in maintenance mode. If you knew what this was, I think you would understand.

Only other solution is to make it members view and respond only...but I had hoped to preserve the sense of anonymity and autonomy which comes with not having to reply on a message board as a registered punter, as I didn't want people to feel inhibited, restricted in any way.
I know myself, sometimes I like to say something, be it a personal poem or otherwise .... and not necessarily put my name to it, and given most people know my real name, I think this is valid.

I am open to suggestions, and can assure you the boards wont be closing again..not unless carl finds some way of having this site closed unlawfully.

If this happens, just email me on ausatire@gmail.com

And I will point you in the direction of a new habitat, one I wont be making so public next time.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 5:05

lolololo wrote:
***Piss off....Idiot!****

Yeah that's what they all say , eventually.

Welcome back melli it's been quiet without you and i think its best if you reconsider closing the forum because it does annoy us especially if we don't understand why you shut up shop. Wondering if we did something wrong.

I will come back a bit later I hope all is well on the home front, i read your earlier posts and understand.

cheers drunken bounce cyclops Wink Idea Shocked Smile Very Happy cheers

1) The board was quiet when I placed it into maintenance mode, did so in order to respond to Carls litigation, this and see if it was indeed possible to stop punters posting here (getting through the back door) if the need arises.... every mod should have an emergency shut down feature, and I needed to see if I could do this. This has now been established.

2) I only planned for the board to be closed for a couple of hours tops, had planned to go through the forums with a fine tooth comb to see if I could find something Sir Carl had a valid right to complain about....(no such luck, the idiots a tool) after he had filed a litigation against the board to our boards host.....But then something very serious (completely unrelated to these boards) came up, and I honestly forgot all about it being in maintenance mode. Of course I don't get paid to moderate these boards, (if I did, I would conduct myself more professionally naturally)...but given what was concerning me took priority over this site, everything in fact, I had to do what I felt was right.

I am sorry if this inconvenienced people, and if people don't wish to post here anymore as a result of this, then this is their prerogative, hopefully Carl will be among those who decide not to. *fingers crossed*

Had he not filed a senseless and juvenile litigation against my board to begin with, I wouldn't have felt obliged to close the board and go through the forums and threads myself with a fine tooth comb to begin with.

The board would have been open at the time an unrelated matter unfolded, and I would have contended with it without having locked the boards first.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 9:57

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I am not Carl, Moleinda!!!!!

You sure do seem to be obsessed with him. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 10:00

You're carl alright... who else could be this obsessive...this and or such a whinger?

Who?

Smile ...Hurry, because i'm bored already, and really must get back to the book i'm reading.
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 10:42

what do you mean 'litigation'??

I thought you said you were going to close it on weekends when you were away etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thankyou for your patience   Thankyou for your patience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thankyou for your patience
Page 1 of 1