~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you report something like this to police?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Would you report something like this to police? Empty
PostSubject: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 10:30

Yesterday around 4pm there was a champaign coloured four wheel drive with QLD numberplate's (about a year 2000 model) parked in my street frightening one of our elderly residents, she called us, as she always does when any new car is in the street she is suspicious of, having no children of her own, plus she's deaf, and was broken into before we moved into the area.

Anyway, at about 4pm yesterday my friend approached him and saw that he was using a lap-top in his car about 40 metres from my house , when he asked what he was doing there. The guy replied...."Just emailing"...then my friend left it at that.

He then went and parked around the corner (not far from the corner of our street) when my friend approached him once more and asked if he could park in a public parking area . Anyway, he moved along after advising he was a QLD traveller, ,(had Queensland plates on his vehicle) then preceded to park in the parking bay "still" close to our street near a local park.

Anyway, he looked to be in his mid to late 40's, Caucasian, bald, glasses, medium build, about 170cm, (from what my friend could gage from him being seated in his car) and was wearing military cargo pants and a penguin shirt...(either white or pale blue).

He was still parked and sleeping in his car early this morning, 6:30am...and when my friend drove back past him again coming back from the shop about 10 minutes later, he was gone.

Would you report this suspicious activity to police, as we have an airbase near by which was one of the military bases targeted by terrorists a few months back. The culprit's were caught!

I haven't called the police yet, so am still undecided as to whether I should bother or not.

I mean, he could have been some guy kicked out of his house, had a fight with the Mrs....who knows?!!!

Ok, QLD is a fair distance, perhaps he was staying with family or friends, though had some sort of dispute/fallout and had nowhere else to go.

My friend is over zealous when it comes to security, (used to be a security guard)... I think he's going over the top myself.

What are your thoughts?

He got his registration number, would you report this sort of thing?

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
boing

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 10:59

yes you should
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 11:26

Well, I was just talking to a friend of mine, and she recalls watching something about a guy on Today Tonight in a 4X4 (strangely enough) driving around Sydney gloating about being able to sponge off peoples insecure routers, this is get free internet access.

Lol....well, he wont be getting into ours, ours is locked, if this is what this person was up to.

Probably just a traveller short on cash I'd say... I don't think there's any cause for alarm, but try and tell my friend, the neighbourhood police (well thinks he is) this.
Back to top Go down
m?lli?

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 12:12

I think I should just stop being so fucking nosy and mind my own business.

Case closed.

lubs. xoxo.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 12:17

What has this got to do with my paranoid friend thinking there's something sinister about some poor bastard sleeping in his car?

I look at it this way, if he was up to something, would he have stuck around after Rambo told him to move twice?

I doubt it!

And that's exactly what I told Rambo tonight.

Though try and convince Rambo that this guy isn't involved in some sort of terrorist cell staking out the local RAAF base....*head shakes*

And they say woman allow their imaginations to run away with them?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 12:19

Mind you, Rambo is 6 foot tall and built like a brick shit house...this in itself would be enough to get anyone up to no good moving right along.

lol...
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 12:32

The thing is, our street is a nice quiet attractive and secure little street, and quite frankly, if I were a traveller looking for a safe place to park and sleep for the night, I would probably park in a civilised street much like ours.

Like I just told my friend, had the poor bastard been mugged in the public parking bay at the park last night, how would he have felt?

Look, people up to no good don't generally stick around after having been approached by someone as ugly and brute headed as my friend....pmsl...

Poor thing probably just stopped here because the wireless internet speed is great in our area...and I know this because my sons friends love bringing their laptops here for this reason.

Some people, OMG!!!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 13:25

My son has 4 mates over tonight...3 of which are really pleased with the speed of their internet connectivity..(they have their own pre-paid accounts)...and believe for some reason or another, it's better here than most other places in this area....perhaps because we are up on high ground..not sure, I dare say the bloke in the 4X4 emailing from his lap-top thought so too, hence when he was asked to move along, he only moved a few meters away. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you report something like this to police?   Would you report something like this to police? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you report something like this to police?
Page 1 of 1