~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist) Empty
PostSubject: Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist)   Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist) Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010 - 7:34

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten.

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist) Dennof10
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

mellie

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist)   Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist) Icon_minitimeWed 12 May 2010 - 7:58

I don't find this offensive at all, believe it's any artists right to express themselves, this and capture a moment in time, if they so please, and I think this is what this artist has done,....plus I dare say he knew it would lend a little interest, controversy to an otherwise ordinary portrait.

I find it quite ordinary and glum. ...(amateurish)... Dennis was painted well, facial wise, but theres too much going on in the background, did the artist drop the easel? Brett appears to have been cast in a protective, strong, action-hero type manner... (I guess this was the general idea) protecting Dennis the weak fragile cockroach recoiling in self pity into the background, ...which I think is a dismal interpretation of his true character which should portray a snide, rambunctious, physically fragile though mentally charged media slut disguised as a vulnerable, regretful old man fearful for his personal safety being exploited, hounded by our media.

Fearful people in need of protection who are fed up with the media don't make public spectacles of themselves.

I think Dennis is finally happy where he is, this and has agreed to stop making a public nuisance of himself in order to stay where he is by the sea.

Lovely~!

Very Happy .... I hope he gets eaten by a shark.
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net

Archibald controversy: Brett And Ray by Trevor Hotten. (Courtesy the artist)
Page 1 of 1