~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NAPLAN test corruption

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

NAPLAN test corruption Empty
PostSubject: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 2:55

From "said" printing errors on the tests themselves , to schools deliberately withholding some of their under achieving students from the NAPLAN test in order to raise the overall image of their schools..(mostly the private sector)... is there some sort of independent quality control/corruption committee appointed to monitor NAPLAN...and one has to ask, if they are making errors on the NAPLAN tests, then whats to say they aren't making similar errors on other exam papers.

We need more transparency, where this sort of thing is concerned I think!

Where on earth were these NAPLAN tests printed?

India, China perhaps?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
m?lli?

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 2:59

Quote :
to schools deliberately withholding some of their under achieving students from the NAPLAN test in order to raise the overall image of their schools..

The only test my kids need to pass is one that shows them how to fill in the forms for Centrelink money.

And, do course after course that leads nowhere.

Then, they can spend their whole lives living off the taxpayers and posting shit online 24/7/365.

Just like me. Cool

lubs. xox.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 7:27

I am the career of my children, one being Autistic who only until recently required me to be on call 24/7 .... though she has settled into her new school well....after having received a placement a few weeks back.

...Prior to now, my daughter was home with me for almost 3 months (from Xmas holidays 2009 and much of the first school term 2010.. , due to our having to wait for a spot in a special school.

I would hardly call this bludging around, thankyou very much, this or something you can criticize me for having dedicated my life to.

If I were a career mother, abandoning my child this or placed my career/needs before the needs of either one of my children, you would call me a selfish career mummy, yes?

There were times when I would cry, would have worked for free, just to get out of the house and have a break... I mean this wholeheartedly, you have no idea.

But because I chose to stay home and be there for my children, I am deemed a bludger, well apparently, yes?

Walk a mile in my shoes, and see how much of a bludge it is.

Smile ...YOU HAVE NOT A CLUE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO KNOW SOMEONE NEEDS YOU SO MUCH, this or what it feels like to lose ownership of yourself, when you invest best part of yourself into caring for another who needs you so much.

Have you ever done this?

I think most parents have to a degree, but not all parents to THIS degree.

I would like to know what it is you do all day, given you spend so much time online stalking mums, woman, people you don't even know.

If anything, it's probably you thats on welfare benefits pal, at least I'm studying, this and working part time whilst caring for my children.

Are you suggesting there is a stigma attached to mothers who choose to stay at home to be there for their children before and after school, autism aside???

My children don't come home to an empty house, the way I did when I was aged 8+ thats for sure.

Their father works, so it's not like we are a welfare dependent household...and I supplement the household income with my part-time earnings.

It's just I chose to put my children before a career, not after....do you have a problem with this?

My time will come, and I'm looking forward to it muchly, though have no regrets where making the decision to give up work and take care of my own children is concerned..... you only get one crack at it.

Smile... They are my kids, it was my duty to care for them as their mother.

I have nothing to be ashamed of, rather am proud of the decision I made to be there for my kids, unconditionally.

Last edited by mellie on Thu 13 May 2010 - 8:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 7:35

I almost became one of those self-indulgent career mummies, was studying and working full time, back in the early days, because I was raised to believe this was just what you did.

I was a workaholic, would think nothing of working a night shift then going to university the next day, via the day care center....pick the kids up in the afternoon, feed them, wait for their father to come home, then go back to work again. This went on for 3 -4 years, only stopping to have my babies because I wouldn't rest so they stuffed me in hospital for the last trimesters of my pregnancies to keep my blood pressure down.
We didn't know what she had back then, and their telling me that they couldn't guarantee her safety, due to her having scaled a 12 foot cyclone fence and left the child care center premises at age 3 to join her brother at a neighboring primary school surrounded by main roads was quite sobering, lemmy tell you......she had no fear, (I was in disbelief, thought the first two centres were over dramatizing) but they were right, she required special care, care a regular childcare centre, or even school couldn't provide, hence she's in a special school now.

It was then, when out of utter desperation and a sense of hopelessness , reside, that I began to review my new career as a stay-at-home-mum.

Smile.... And I made a promise to myself, (which has kept me going) that I would be the best stay-at-home mum I could be, this and pursue my dreams of owning myself again one day when the times right.

I looked at it this way, my kids are not going to be little or need me this much forever, I was and am still young enough to pursue a career, later on down the track, which is what I am doing now.

I just wanted to make sure this school was it, that we had finally got it right. And we have.

Smile...Yes I got lonely, wouldn't you, which was how I come to find other avenues to bring meaning to my life, (other than being a mum)...hence I became an AWU delegate and defended no less than 200 men (3 companies) during the ATS affair.

A stay at home mum has to get her career fix when she can you see....even then, I had a burning desire to do something, working union meetings around my family duties....again, burning it at both ends!!

And you know how I used to justify being a mumsy workaholic?

I used to see other peoples kids dressed in rags and think to myself...."Well, at least we can afford holidays, expensive clothes, my kids have the best of everything."

The thing is, I only planned on this being temporary, thought once the kids were in school I could work around them...I had not a clue that my daughter would require much more care , the sort of care a regular school, childcare centre cant provide, this or that I would be the one who would need to forgo having a career to ensure that she got it.

I think I made the right decision, don't you?

Smile No regrets.

Last edited by mellie on Thu 13 May 2010 - 8:55; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 7:45

I should write a book titled, "The confessions of an almost selfish career mummy"....though I doubt it would be well received, particularly among those with regular children who don't have special needs.

Ciao

Smile
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 8:38

Please feel free to re-read the above posts, I added a few things.

Smile
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 9:02

I am now in process of reinventing myself , in readiness for being able to pursue my dreams again some day soon, so please, try not to rain on my parade, I have waited long enough, and whilst it's true, we all make our beds, I feel sometimes, mine was made for me, before I even got a chance to sleep in it. ...(Others have had it tougher, I know this, so I am no martyr)..just an ordinary mum doing her thing, well, trying to.

Smile... This said, my primary role is, and always will be "mum", I just have more time to contemplate etching a sense of self, and a career in there somewhere around my responsibilities these days.

It's scary....now what!!!????!?!?
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitimeThu 13 May 2010 - 9:15

....Now getting back to NAPLAN...

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAPLAN test corruption   NAPLAN test corruption Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NAPLAN test corruption
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Ausatire~ :: The best of Ausatire :: General Discussion & Entertainment :: The Cafe-
Jump to: