~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
football

Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge Empty
PostSubject: Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge   Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010 - 4:55

Think about a topic that disinterests you most, be it gardening, cooking, pottery, or in my case, football.
Then try admitting this to your tutor/teacher, only to learn they were once a sports columnist and editor for a leading publication themselves and have now decided to challenge you at length on the very topic that disinterests you most.

I am a bit of perfectionist,(anal) and a recovering procrastinator also...(well, I'm trying) and have written this article 4 times already, because I am just not confident with the topic at hand, (obviously), hence it's called a topic challenge, I guess.

Basically, I don't want any help, as this would be cheating, and in doing so I would only be cheating myself in the long run, bla bla bla I realise this, but this article can only be about so much football.....ie, "Eels player scores try" cant be political, or relate to something even remotely controversial re- their private life.... so basically it's torture, I cant even entwine a knee injury in there, or some other dramatic upheaval in their life, (Tiger Woods style) as it specifically has to relate to the disinterest- topic at hand, ie, their sporting prowess, so in other words, no tangents..... ad-libbing, must be squeaky, topical, and concise.

I cant help but think this is some trick assignment, like I am supposed to email him back and say that it's impossible to write what one knows nothing about and be instantly rewarded with "Correct Miss ****, you may now proceed to the top of the class) , but I know better, it's not a trick essay or question, and I hate football, now more than ever.

Smile

Mad Well, it's done, and I am not rewriting it.

It's not the greatest...but hey, at the end of the day I'm being marked against others in the same predicament, only I doubt any of them would have put their foot in their mouths the way I did and openly admitted to what it was in the way of topics that disinterested them most, nor would admit this after having found out their their tutor was once a sports writer themselves.

Brilliant, now for my next trick....

king

Heres what I have so far.....

Footballer footballs football with ball of foot.

Cool I hate football.

clown
Back to top Go down
MR BIG

PostSubject: Re: Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge   Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010 - 5:30

Footballers play with big balls, usually their own!

This is why I play tiddlywinks!
Back to top Go down
melli

melli

PostSubject: Re: Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge   Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge Icon_minitimeThu 20 May 2010 - 5:51

I respect the sport, just am having trouble writing about something know nothing about.

Smile...

Now I know how the old cheese on yahoo must feel day after day, trying to make up stories about their fictitious lives.

Poor dears.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge   Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing what you don't feel passionate about as a challenge
Page 1 of 1