~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We've been D-dos'd

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:00

A few days ago, my son had a disagreement with one of his online gaming buddies, they lost, he won, so they appointed another friend to ddos us.

Anyway, called my ISP, they advise they cant hand out dynamic IP's willy nilly, this and are reluctant to give us a new IP (without proof of our being hacked, ie modem logs).... so we had to wait until 12pm last night for it to right on schedule, happen again, and now we've got them.

With each ddos attack, they used a different IP... but I have the logs screen saved and will sent them off to my ISP so we may acquire a new IP.

I mean, whats wrong with kids these days, when I was a kid, and we had a disagreement, we'd throw sticks or rocks..(well, not me personally, but others did)....these days they hack each other for sport.

I have a feeling my son will have already dealt with it , he knows a friend of a friend, who has friends online and so forth, who are all in the same team..(on the game they play)... Hows this, then when I called up my ISP head of IT support,, he even advised he plays this online game too.

Whats the story, my son plays a game he knows he will forced to protect himself against daily hacks, and totally juiced up over how good this guy who hacked him is... most kids would be pissed off, my sons excited, never seen him get out of bed so fast this morning so he can get to school and use his mates computer to contend with the individual who hacked us.

He/my son now wants me to acquire a new net plan ... wants me to acquire a dynamic IP....but the guy (head of my ISP's IT department Australia wide) I spoke with advised ISP are reluctant to issue people with dynamic IP's because obviously, they can be used for malicious purposes...however my son insists we need one in order to be protected from others who do these things.

I asked my son what the chances of out being hacked again should our ISP only provide us with a new static IP...and he's confident this particular individual will have us sorted (hacked) again quite quickly, as he believes they have contacts, and access to his profile information and IP on the online game he plays... and will obtain his new IP in a matter of minutes the second he logs back into the online game he plays.

The hacker managed to get his email address, this and IM'd him the following smart ass remark...

"Hahhahaha nice IP, bye bye"

He even told him he would hack him, and we have the MSN conversation saved!

Whoever he/she is must be good, my son thinks he's brilliant. *cringe*

I think he's a shit, because I'm on dialup until I get this BS sorted with my ISP.

Ok.... i'm going to hunt around for ISP's who issue dynamic IP's, should the matter not be dealt with.

I realise my ISP can only do so much, so no hard feelings, but we obviously need what they cant provide (dynamic IP's)...i'm sure they will understand.

Their customer service the other day was fantastic, they put me straight through to the head of their department due to the serious nature of the attack,...it's just a shame they cant offer what we need in the way of a dynamic IP.

Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad I will miss my ISP.

PS....The IT bloke advised we are running out of IP's.... I cant see how this would be a problem, when they will just start useing symbols instead, or would this require a whole new program, setup?
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:10

Apparently IP's are fast running out, so this is their excuse for only changing peoples assigned static IP's when like in our case, we have proof, and can demonstrate how we have been hacked........

This is the turd ddosing us, (snippet from my modem log)

We've been D-dos'd D110

And this is us...(the recipient, note I have had to pen-out our IP)

We've been D-dos'd D210

Note, it wont matter, as we will have a new IP by the end of the day... one way or the other.

Twisted Evil

Last edited by mellie on Thu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gue?t

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:11

Any chance that you won't be able to go online ever again?

Hope so. The Internet will be a safer and happier place for everyone then.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:13

Safer without me?

What rot...I am as harmless as a fly.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jeeez

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:20

she can't help herself eh
didnt she admit to her son being able to hack
one loser in the family is enough i reckon
for a wiz she knows nothing about IP"S..........

get out of the house with the kids and they might not end up like the nerd that u r idiot!

PLEASE GIVE THEM HOPE.........THEN AGAIN THEY DON'T STAND A CHANCE EH

pig
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:24

Actually, we have quite a few of those losers you mention in our family.... Wink ...however, there are reputable(legitimate ) hackers and malicious hackers.

Bit like Harry Potter, those who use their powers for good, and those who don't.

Smile Also, I didn't say my son was a hacker, I simply said he has friends.

Doesn't everyone have friends?

Hmmm... well, except for you this is.

Wink .......
Back to top Go down
bareall

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:26

good to see feather head guest working errm, alert and stalking as soon as mel arrives
wonder how her welfare payments cover the cost of all the parrot seed needed for her 24 hour shifts

perhaps she grows her own....
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:30

....and, Have I ever said I am a wiz?

I have always maintained I know very little about the inter-webby and such forth..... Cool

Because sometimes, it's not what you know, rather it's who you know that makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 1:32

Quote :
good to see feather head guest working errm, alert and stalking as soon as mel arrives
wonder how her welfare payments cover the cost of all the parrot seed needed for her 24 hour shifts

perhaps she grows her own....

hahaha exactly!

Probably a government freeby i'd say...this or it spends it's days at the library...in between park benches.

Smile
Back to top Go down
kidding

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 3:41

yea well you just dont know when someone will hack in a pc these days, it happens when you lease expect it. old saying goes its not what you know its who you know.
Back to top Go down
howcool

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 3:48

yer those dialups are easy.........dynamics?...lmaooooooooooooooooooooo

yer its who yer know and what yer know toooo......yer know yer know yer know??????..........lololololol

nyuck nyuck nyuck
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 4:00

Noones hacked me personally , my son had a biff with some older kid online, (my son won all his items in an online game in one foul swoop) and so the individual demanded that he give him another chance to win back his things.

My son declined, said a deal is a deal...and the other kid wasn't happy...wanted his weapons, tools, loot back.

This is how nerdy kids have fights online apparently....

Very Happy ... It's ok... shall be sorted!

No damage done.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 4:04

Kids will be kids....

I know my sons not completely innocent either, which is why I'm not going to get too peeved with this kid... I have his IP, if I wanted to I could have someone fry his modem, but thats illegal, and stupid, the boys will sort it out between themselves....even if they quite literally live worlds apart.

Smile Even the IT guy i spoke with who plays the same game advised he's been hacked a couple of times...it's just the risk you take when you play online games.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 5:39

My sons computer teacher plays this game, the head of my ISP's IT department plays it also, my father, a dozen or so friends and relatives....I mean whats with this game, why is it so addictive?

When my son was speaking to the ISP's IT,(he had to give him some special instructions) they both began discussing the game WOW.... like they were old mates, it's like a bloody cult... people have even murdered over this game.
I have come up with a speech bubble caption for one of my sons photos, it's a photo of him with a girl he likes from school whereby they are both facing each other, looking into each others eyes...(they are just mates btw).... In my sons speech bubble I will write..."You mean the world of warcraft to me"...

hmmmm...

Stupid game... if his grades weren't so good, I would have an excuse to ground him from it.

Cool
Back to top Go down
gamer

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 5:43

what is this game?
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 5:45

World of Warcraft..... other wise known as WOW.

Please tell me, not you too?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gamer

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 5:59

i know a fair bit that goes on with the games.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 6:06

These things happen I guess, I mean, if the head of our ISP's support team got ddos'd even, then it's just one of those things that happens, part and parcel with participating in online games.

Hows this, the individual who hacked him, (my son)... some how got his email address, this and sent him an instant message gloating about what they had done, just before it booted him off line...

Then, some hours later, when my son managed to back online again, he (the hacker) popped back up again, and said hahahaha nice new IP....

It's bloody unreal!

Shocked ....

Whoever they are, they know what they're doing... and definitely want their loot back, even though my son won it fair and square.

I believe people have even starved to death in front of this game... crazy!!!!

We have the IM's saved, and the modem logs as you saw....

The thing is, my son thinks it's likely that this individual is part of a community, this and that they pass IP's around group members then ddos their target all at once...which is why it stops.....(they are probably asleep)...then starts all at once , attack after attack like 20 different IP's one after the other....

I was using broadband on Tuesday while my son was at school (the hacked IP) , and the second he got home, before he had even a chance to sit at his computer it started up again....they must know what time he gets home from school, because it only starts back up in the morning around 7am -9am then from 3:30pm onwards.... however, last night was interesting, all was fine until about 12pm...when they hit even me off the net.

Didn't bother me as I had already logged off and gone to bed, but the modem logged their attempt.

Then again this morning, ....i'm using dialup at present, until we are assigned our new IP, will prolly take a few days.

Bloody online games.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We've been D-dos'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: We've been D-dos'd   We've been D-dos'd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We've been D-dos'd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Ausatire~ :: The best of Ausatire :: General Discussion & Entertainment :: The Cafe-
Jump to: