HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

How was your weekend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

PostSubject: How was your weekend?   Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:41

Hi all... had a great day yesterday, (expo aside) for the expo itself was a bit of a let-down, was essentially our having paid a small admissions fee to walk around for hours picking up our own brochures (Kmart /Coles/BigW deliver theirs for free right to your letterbox).... basically, it was a bunch of rubbish/pamphlets to various colleges and universities, some we had never even heard of with NESB ethnics / international students grabbing at every brochure they could ...who will probably now dump all this junk into a big box to send it overseas to their relatives wishing to study in Australia. I think we were probably the only white people there who could speak English...(well, almost) ...and so was it worthwhile? Naaaa...but we had a great day/evening out anyway, for on the way back we picked up daughter from my parents place then went to one of our favorite restaurants ...then came home watched half a DVD (silence of the lambs ) ....for I picked up this DVD for only $4 yesterday from a shop selling them from a shop-front table on special....(I have it on video, but am replacing all my old movies as I find the odd old classic) .... then afterwards, went to bed.

Smile How was your weekend?
Back to top Go down
http://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:45

The expo should have been free, since when should they charge people to pick up their own brochures?

When they normally pay people to either send/deliver them to your letter box?

Scabs!

Very Happy ...I expected there to be much more there than there was, I wouldn't go again!

I recall going to the Kids/baby expo when my kids were little, and it was fantastic.

Freebies, samples of products...all that jazz.

Even those handing out the brochures could hardly speak a word of English, in the event you did actually require more information about a particular college.
Back to top Go down
mellie

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   Mon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:47

Save yourself the hassle, (and your legs) .. just buy a UAC guide (university admissions guide) for about $20 from your local newsagent.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   

Back to top Go down

How was your weekend?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1