~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personality types, which one are you?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Personality types, which one are you? Empty
PostSubject: Personality types, which one are you?   Personality types, which one are you? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 3:52

Just joking, we all have a personality, it's just personalities vary between the types...some clashing with some more than others.

I think theres a shroud of stigma associated with certain professions also, Lawyers are liars, Sales people manipulative, tricksters, nurses caring.... Do I sound caring to you lot?

No, I can be rather rude when I want to be, not that many of you will have noticed this of course...;P(-inserts sarcasm here-)

Razz .... Anyway....

THE LEADER - THE "A" TYPE PERSONALITY

We need not look very far to find an "A" personality in our midst. They are the ones that are always "looking for a better way" or building a "better mouse trap". They have an entrepreneurial streak and don't mind taking risk in order to receive the rewards that can go along with it.

The "A" personality is usually very independent, direct and to the point. They will probably tell you to "get to the bottom line" or give them the "executive summary" to read. They don't like routine and often delegate routine chores to someone else.

The "A" Personality enjoys change, and one of their biggest fears is falling into a routine. They are very focused on what they are doing and are almost always relatively insensitive to others that might be around them. If they tell somebody something, or explain it, they'll say it ONCE and expect that everybody listening understood because they're ready to move on.

"A" type personalities are often found as business owners, managers, sales people (especially straight commission), or any position requiring a very "direct" person that typically "takes charge" and forges ahead. They are very decisive and persistent in getting what they want and need.
THE SOCIALIZER - "B" TYPE PERSONALITY

The "B" type loves to party, travel and be part of groups, and is often the center of attention. They love excitement and are often impatient and demanding as a result of being a "high energy" type. They love the limelight and the "hype" and often do very well in sales, advertising, marketing, public speaking, party planning, travel and other positions where they can have a "good time" while working.

The "B" personality is as Supportive of others as they are direct in their approach. Most people enjoy being around them or watching or listening to them "perform". Many radio and TV personalities, actors and high-profile speakers are often "B" personalities. It is very important for the "B" personality to be liked by others and can be easily hurt if they think someone doesn't care for them. They may take it very personally.

A good example of a "B" personality was the part Bette Midler played in the movie "Beaches" where her character was a big success in movies and on the stage. An outstanding line from the movie was, when having her best friend over who she hasn't seen in years, she takes her on a whirlwind tour of her elaborate apartment then says: "... enough about ME, let's talk about YOU. So, what do you think if ME?"

Certainly, most "B" personalities are not that "strong", but it does provide a good mental picture of some of the characteristics to look for in the "B" type.

This type often does well in sales as they tend to be very talkative and outgoing with people and are normally quite persuasive.
"DETAILS, DETAILS... "
THE "C" TYPE PERSONALITY

If you want to picture a typical "C" type personality, think of your accountant, an engineer or a computer programmer or analyst. The "C" thrives on details, accuracy and takes just about everything seriously. They are usually very neat, dress fashionably and are very calculated and precise in just about everything they do.

The "C" doesn't like "hype", rather, they want facts... information from which they can verify the details and make a decision. They are very consistent in everything they do because everything has an order or procedure; thus they can be predictable at times and often very dependable, however, don't expect them to make a decision when YOU want it, as it will only come after THEY have checked all the facts and are satisfied that everything is correct.

They are deep, thoughtful and usually very sensitive. They enjoy know how and why things are the way they are rather than taking anything at face value. They often make good customer service people and sales people, especially if the product to support or sell is something "technical" or involves numbers. They are loyal and patient and can leave customers with a good feeling that they're somebody that really cares. However, managers may need to make sure they don't spend TOO much time with details if the objective or expected outcome doesn't warrant the investment of their time and expertise.
ALWAYS THERE WHEN YOU NEED THEM
THE "D" TYPE PERSONALITY

The typical "D" personality doesn't like change, preferring instead, to have a set of guidelines from which to follow and they won't mind doing the same thing over and over. They are usually more motivated by security and benefits and are likely to get the "gold watch" if the company can provide the security they seek.

"D" types are very supportive of others and are often the type that others turn to when they have a problem. Their compassion level is usually quite high and often seem very happy and content with themselves and life in general. They are usually punctual, and consistent. They add "balance" and support in the workplace and may be the champion of the "under dog".

http://www.hiresuccess.com/pplus-3.htm

This article goes on to advise which personality types clash with one another.

An interesting read.

Razz I know someone who's an accountant, (actually, I know 3 accountants) 1 of which should have been a comedian, the other a motivational speaker, has a flamboyant creative/writer streak (however oppressed it is at times) which is not generally considered consistent with his professions personality profile. So.... I think sometimes we can be too ready to analyse people in accordance to their chosen profession.

He's one of the lucky ones I guess.

Smile

Last edited by mellie on Tue 25 May 2010 - 4:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

mellie

Personality types, which one are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality types, which one are you?   Personality types, which one are you? Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 3:59

My father knows two accountants, one is your typical wet-blanket ...and used his personality as birth-control, the other should have pursued a career in television...he's very outgoing 'loud' extroverted and social... his wife sits there rolling her eyes when he steels "the show", as she calls it....she's got a lousy personality.... like inviting a futon to your BBQ!

How they get on is beyond me!

Rolling Eyes Again, I will stop now....

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net

Personality types, which one are you?
Page 1 of 1