~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How was your weekend?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

How was your weekend? Empty
PostSubject: How was your weekend?   How was your weekend? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:41

Hi all... had a great day yesterday, (expo aside) for the expo itself was a bit of a let-down, was essentially our having paid a small admissions fee to walk around for hours picking up our own brochures (Kmart /Coles/BigW deliver theirs for free right to your letterbox).... basically, it was a bunch of rubbish/pamphlets to various colleges and universities, some we had never even heard of with NESB ethnics / international students grabbing at every brochure they could ...who will probably now dump all this junk into a big box to send it overseas to their relatives wishing to study in Australia. I think we were probably the only white people there who could speak English...(well, almost) ...and so was it worthwhile? Naaaa...but we had a great day/evening out anyway, for on the way back we picked up daughter from my parents place then went to one of our favorite restaurants ...then came home watched half a DVD (silence of the lambs ) ....for I picked up this DVD for only $4 yesterday from a shop selling them from a shop-front table on special....(I have it on video, but am replacing all my old movies as I find the odd old classic) .... then afterwards, went to bed.

Smile How was your weekend?
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   How was your weekend? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:45

The expo should have been free, since when should they charge people to pick up their own brochures?

When they normally pay people to either send/deliver them to your letter box?

Scabs!

Very Happy ...I expected there to be much more there than there was, I wouldn't go again!

I recall going to the Kids/baby expo when my kids were little, and it was fantastic.

Freebies, samples of products...all that jazz.

Even those handing out the brochures could hardly speak a word of English, in the event you did actually require more information about a particular college.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   How was your weekend? Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 0:47

Save yourself the hassle, (and your legs) .. just buy a UAC guide (university admissions guide) for about $20 from your local newsagent.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How was your weekend?   How was your weekend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How was your weekend?
Page 1 of 1