~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should smoking be banned in public areas

Go down 
+2
Erotica
Katanyavich
6 posters
AuthorMessage
smokie

Should smoking be banned in public areas Empty
PostSubject: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 23:00

Cool

I'm your typical Gen Y'er....socially conscious, stigmatised and aware of what others might think, and your typical closet smoker who wouldn't be caught dead walking down the street with fag hanging out of my mouth like some sort of Illawarra slapper/bogan, this or would light up in a public place, (unless I could find a cave) whether it be in the street , up a tree, in a drain or in a swimming pool... or even while snorkelling off a remote island with a mouth full of marbles...even in the company of Frodo the stoner because I know just how bad it looks when other people do it, especially females (call me sexist if you will) but I do observe and uphold these social codes, even without this rule being enforced by our federal government already.... unless those around me smoke themselves at their place. I might have 1 or two cigarettes a day ... but I absolutely cant stand the smell of others smoking around me, especially when I haven't had one for a day or so...(cant stand the smell of it in cars or homes, makes things smell dirty)....so am mindful as to what others who are non-smokers experience when they walk past a smoker in the street...*it absolutely stinks* almost as much as Frodo the clown.

(Note: I am taking the piss out of fords today, as I read yahoos CL early this morning before the smelli melli thread was wiped)

Anyway,

how do you feel about their banning smoking in all public areas? Good, bad, indifferent?

Meaning no smoking while walking along the street, down by the beach...having sex on a park bench...basically in all areas where people might frequent.

Smile

Look, I say we ban lots of socially offensive behaviours while we're at it...like chair sniffing, earwax consumption, naval picking and farting.... eating garlic, picking toenails squeezing zits , and all manner of offensive things.

Why just stop at smoking in public areas?

I actually like the idea of it myself....because I get annoyed with seeing bogans smoke in crowded or public areas when I feel too embarrassed and polite myself to light up, at the risk of offending others.
Back to top Go down
Katanyavich

Katanyavich

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 5:21

Dead against the idea.

Indoors, fine, no issue with that.

But outdoors?

Nah! They can go fuck themselves. Mad
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 9:38

Yep, ban it. Disgusting habit.
Back to top Go down
ceiling.leo

ceiling.leo

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 11:18

Should also be banned in private places too...I mean smoked salmon and smoked cod is one thing, but please...ladies I beg you Wink

And yes I have seen the ping pong tricks Smile
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:00

smoked chicken is nice... tastes like chicken too Razz
Back to top Go down
Katanyavich

Katanyavich

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:03

Tried to smoke a chicken once, didn't like it.

Too hard to keep alight, and too big for the ashtray Laughing
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:07

you should probably stick to quail then Wink
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:22

Have you ever tried walking through a crowded place with kids..(ie the Easter show)...and having some fool bump into you with their cigarette?

This or have come home from a night club and found a cigarette burn on the back of your clothing?...(people getting to close on the dance floor with their cigarettes and the head falls off)

Comes down to consideration and the right of others being able to enjoy a public place...this opposed to inhaling someone else's smoke.

Ok, you could say tolerance of others right to smoke is one thing...but when tolerance means our tolerating their obvious lack of regard for others right to enjoy a public place free of cigarette smoke....then tell me, who's being intolerant?

I don't have a problem with others doing what they like within their own personal space, but when it violates or impinges on the rights of others, then this not on.

Also, every person smoking in public is a walking puffing advertisement for cigarette company's. Smoking is deadly, and should be discouraged from public places.

It conveys an unhealthy image to our society.

Why should a non smoker have to endure a passing pedestrians stale second-hand smoke first thing in the morning when out walking their dog?

My daughters old primary school has the most gorgeous display of gardenias out the front near the gates, just near the drop off bay.

Pity you cant always smell them because of a few bogans who stand there puffing away on their fags.

I am a social smoker....have 1 or 2 a day....(I smoked 3 today...was stressed)...but I never smoke in the company of others who don't.

Would rather go without than force them to endure my second hand moke.

Comes down to respect and regard for others.

Some people are just selfish, and have no class.

Ie...

"I'll fucking smoke where I wanna AY"

"It's my body"

True it is, but why should others have to endure your habit?
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:30

Quote :

I hate second hand mokes as well. All battered and old and noisy. Pollution machines. And dangerous too!
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:39

Erotica wrote:
Quote :

I hate second hand mokes as well. All battered and old and noisy. Pollution machines. And dangerous too!

Smile lol... but at least EPA can be notified when the pollution level becomes offensive or excessive....this or an OH&S issue.

This is the difference.
Back to top Go down
Erotica

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 12:42

I truly believe smoking in public places will be banned in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 22:23

Should smoking be banned in public areas Nomoki10
Back to top Go down
ceiling.leo

ceiling.leo

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 7:46

Smoke in a pubic area leads to a bush fire
Back to top Go down
y7_mod

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 9:46

Should smoking be banned in public areas Giving10
Back to top Go down
y7_mod

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 9:48

Should smoking be banned in public areas Butgiv10
Back to top Go down
Medulla_Oblungata

Medulla_Oblungata

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 10:57

Gross.

As an ex smoker I would say NO.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 10:19

As a social smoker..(I have one every other day now)...I say no.

The smell of them especially in the morning makes me feel sick.

*blocks nose*

bump bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should smoking be banned in public areas   Should smoking be banned in public areas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should smoking be banned in public areas
Page 1 of 1