~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Food and recipes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Food  and recipes Empty
PostSubject: Food and recipes   Food  and recipes Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb 2010 - 8:52

Easy Parsley mustard and cheese sauce for corned beef.

mix 4--6 (depending on your tastes) heaped tablespoons of seeded mustard with a 2 cups of milk add 2 heaped tablespoon of cornflour and some finely chopped parsley I use a good half bunch (have cheese on a plate on standby ) either grated cheese or a slice of tasty broken up into pieces...now whisk the above ingredients together (except for the cheese at this stage) melt 2 good knobs of marg/butter in a medium size saucepan....whisk again then add to the saucer with the melted marg/butter in it....keep whisking until thick....allow to bubble a little then add cheese and seasoning.

Everyone has their own special corned beef sauce, but the basis is parsley, cheese and mustard..preferably seeded.

Smile Hint, if you whisk it while it's cold, it wont form lumps.

Add the cold mix to the saucer with the melted butter in it and continue whisking with a metal whisk.

Let it bubble for a bit.

Cover right to the surface with cling film, so it doesn't form a skin while you are serving up the veges.

I serve mine with roast pumpkin cabbage, carrots and cornflower. Yes, all of which roast well in a pan so long as you add the cauliflower and cabbage half way through the cooking process when the harder veges are half cooked already or else they will burn. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with Vegata .....
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net

Food and recipes
Page 1 of 1