~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Handy hints and household problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mellie

mellie

Handy hints and household problems Empty
PostSubject: Handy hints and household problems   Handy hints and household problems Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010 - 4:47

Ok...this is the second brand new white shirt I have ruined in the last 7 days, turns out the fabulon I was using (ironing aid) the one in plastic pump spray bottle (not aerosol ) has left stains on my sons school shirts, has discoloured the fabric slightly (100% cotton) where the ironing aid was smattered. I say smattered because the stuffs absolutely useless, does not spray a fine mist like the aerosol version which I have not seen on our shelves for yonks.

OK, ... we need some simple chemistry here, what dissolves starch?

What will fix these brand new white shirts?

Anyone had this problem with fabulon ironing aid before, or some other similar product?

It looks like the shirt is dirty-grey where the blobs of liquid hit the shirt before I ironed it.

I'm wondering if the dryer (heat) reacted with it , because when after washing the shirts, the marks became apparent.

I know it's the fabulon because I only used the product on one of the sleeves on the second shirt, because the pump action failed so I thought to hell with it, it wasn't spraying a fine mist the way it's supposed to...so I only used it on one side... and sure enough, that's the side with the greying blob pattern.
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net

Handy hints and household problems
Page 1 of 1