~Ausatire~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most politically incorrect place to be at the right time.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Their boards flopped

Go down 
AuthorMessage
truth

Their boards flopped Empty
PostSubject: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeWed 3 Feb 2010 - 8:36

Because...... the very reason they posted there to begin with was to annoy and harass Mel and others, given they are trolls.
They harped and complained ....called her bluff ...this and demanded action, (not really thinking she would actually leave) then she left.

Now that Mel has left Yahoos boards for good, the boards are dead.

Afterall, who is left to attack and troll, when all that's there is their own little clan?

Either they are suffering with a terrible bout of post success euphoria/shock, or could it be they relied on mel to keep the forums active to begin with?

What goes around comes around, Wink

Next time, they should be careful about what they wish for, because sometimes, wishes come true.

Mel put a fair bit into yahoo, being the little geniuses that they are, they should be able to come up with some of their own original content for a change?

This opposed to cutting and pasting other peoples posts then paraphrasing them onto a number of their own blogs and sites for a change?

You can only kick a dog so many times before it turns around and bites you, and whilst I don't think Mel is the biting type, I think it is clear she wont be feeding the dull trolls and talent-less wanna be bloggers anytime soon.

If they were truly capable, then surly between the 4 of them they can maintain their own forum, this and keep it active?

If it weren't for the morbid fact they keep coming here.

Cool
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 17:57

Might be because Yahoo have finally decided to ban proxy registrations so the multi ID trolls can't register and post there anymore?

Nothing to do with Melli finally leaving, oops, being properly banned. For now.
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 18:04

And, The Coffee Lounge isn't anywhere near the main revenue earner (with click numbers) for Yahoo.

Top Stories, Politics, National News, etc. get a LOT more daily traffic than CL ever did.

Your ASSumption that their boards have flopped because Melli has left, oops again, been properly banned (for now) is absurd.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 23:32

The Obse wrote:
And, The Coffee Lounge isn't anywhere near the main revenue earner (with click numbers) for Yahoo.

Top Stories, Politics, National News, etc. get a LOT more daily traffic than CL ever did.

Your ASSumption that their boards have flopped because Melli has left, oops again, been properly banned (for now) is absurd.

What a load of crap....you were relying on trolls , this opposed to worthwhile discussion for click numbers....I guess any touch is a good touch eh?

Wink Where are they now, if the commentary on top stories is so sought after?

...why have all the boards forums died in the ass?

You know, Denial isn't just a river.

You need baiters, (who you refer to as trolls) and excite punters to bully on your boards to empower the minions and nut-cases willing to sit there day after day obsessively clicking away hitting that mummy button 24/7....in order to make your boards appear alive.

Sorry, but go buy a pinata

Rolling Eyes

Has it not occurred to you that yahoos CL attracts, encourages a certain kind of people?

Bored menopausal housewives and mentally ill people .... the worthwhile punters you used to have on deck got tired of it.

Being an optimist and quite head strong, I stayed on longer in hope the mods would wake up to themselves.

If I were keen to post on your boards, I would acquire a new IP off my ISP... this or use dial-up to log in.

Think about it, and look forward to actually maintaining the boards community and keeping the place interesting yourself for a change.

Smile I hope you manage to get it back on track....I hate seeing any free-speech board (such as it was) go down the tubes ....observing political party's

and activists intentionally trolling news and message boards to excite trouble and devalue public opinion on the whole to suit their own agenda.

Moderation is censorship...and given you allow the trolls and dunder-heads to remain on deck, this and have driven worthwhile contributors off your boards tells me what public opinion really isn't what matters to you....you are more interested in getting paid at the end of the week and maintaining your click-rate quota.

Here, read this Mr Ed

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/26/2754284.htm
Back to top Go down
https://ausatire.forumotion.net
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 23:42

The boards have flopped because a lot of worthwhile punters have either left of their own accord....this or were banned. The mods (yourself) were being lazy... and rather than put the effort into 'fairly' and 'objectively' moderating the boards properly with genuine enthusiasm, passion... you used the boards tards, miscreants to direct traffic to your own sites, ie MCL...TOPIX and other sites that you probably moderate own/moderate also, for your own agenda.

You are a traitor and a thief. Not someone I would call a trustworthy employee thats for sure, but hey...this is Yahoos problem now.

Perhaps it suits them to employ cheap labour? Who knows.

Congratulations Carl, you are career troll and a predator.

Smile.. Of which doesn't make you any better than those miscreants you degrade.

If you were doing your job properly, then why should a couple of posters leaving make a difference?
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 23:49

Look, how about you tell your disgruntled superiors that you ruled the board with the wrong head, and had some sort of personal problem ...(dying relative, etc)...this or just blame me?

It's worked for you in the past.... surely you can squeeze out a few more excuses as to why yahoos boards have flopped?

Smile Get creative.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb 2010 - 23:57

Oh and while you are here Carl...(like you ever leave anyway) ...you wouldn't happen to have a spare pic of me lying around by any chance?

I need to update my profile here on my board, and who better to ask than my own personal stalker?

Smile... The few pics I did have of myself were on my old lap-top... and I cant be bothered sifting through my emails to find one, when you probably have my pic saved as your screen-saver.

Thanx in advance.

Smile
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 5:06

Quote :
What a load of crap....you were relying on trolls , this opposed to worthwhile discussion for click numbers....I guess any touch is a good touch eh?

So, you admit you're a troll? Tell us something we didn't already know.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 5:37

I think in the end due to the forum politics, everyone had formed their own insular alliances, had become just one big flame war. Modtrolls -vrs- postertrolls...you always had an unfair advantage, yet still, you never won.

Smile

I admit to having dished up my fair share, but what I found ironic was how mine and others sensible content would just get wiped, yet my silly inconsequential banter and obvious retaliative abuse would remain. hmmmm

Admit it, you had us (a few others and myself) there as bait...as a means to stifle intelligent discussion and politically sensitive debate.

The mods became trolls, end of story....and given they are what sets the standard, the commentary is only ever going to be as good as it's moderators own true potential...plagiarism aside.

Your inflexible one sided views/arguments were a big killer.... anyone who objected to your 'cliques' commentary, this or shot you down factually was deleted, so others couldn't see how you had miserably lost the debate.

Read the responses to this article, does it ring a bell?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11/26/2754284.htm

When will you stop blaming others for your own shortcomings....hmm?

:)You got your way, I am gone...now lets see what you can do with the place.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 6:10

You're trying too hard to play the role of a dinky-dye Aussie was another let-down....we would have respected you more had you been upfront about your political persuasions, culture and objectives on Yahoos boards.

What ever happened to moderator feedback?

I vaguely recall you wishing madcow happy birthday once or twice, and posting a few tributes to those who approved of Celien Dions music...but that was about it. Ever heard of a thing called positive reinforcement?

And I'm not talking about me, I'm a confident poster, am referring to those who had tried their best and deserved a little encouragement, especially the newbies.

Some people are thick, and didn't notice, but for some of us, it was a tad insulting....had just become too darn boring.

Noone wanted to debate, or discuss things intelligently ... you instigated and encouraged others to flame and attack new posters with an opposing view regularly....and you allowed religious zealots to foul up top stories, of which in turn devalued the public response coming from your board. You condoned racist views, so as to make it appear Australians are a pack of red-necked idiots when you were who started these hate topics to begin with....honestly, what did you expect?

Mensa candidates?

Carl/borns, ...and the married bogan couple with kids you suck up to and have granted *special* permissions to have no idea...that's supposed to be your job...and to round it all up.... YOU GOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU GAVE...

Probably got more than you deserved.

Smile No hard feelings, I sincerely hope you get it together and give the place a good industrial clean because you're going to need a hazmat suit and a wire brush to get the stains off the seats in the coffee lounge.

Good luck!

For christ sakes, get an IM service and stop using the boards to encourage people to post their personal information ...in a desperate attempt to defend themselves and their identity. When you condone members threatening and abusing others, this and going so far as to obtain their family members private phone numbers, expect an element of distrust and suspicion.

Threads like what's your star sign, how old are you, how many kids do you have, what are their ages, what's your gender, what part of the world do you live in....what is your bank account number and home address please if it's not too much trouble...(how about a kidney while your at it) really isn't ethical now is it.

You created this insular little ghetto so people would feel all warm and fuzzy, then would hand over personal information about themselves after having had a few drinks. Mission accomplished? People new to chat boards trust those who moderate them, and you abused your position of trust knowing this.

Are you a sociopath and a voyeur, or up to mischief?

What steps do you take to protect your users from death threats and the posting of their personal information in the same post.

You flame , attack and threaten users, (or get others to do this for you) then defend them under different handles in order to establish trust.

No wonder Yahoos boards are dead, you probably have all the regulars sitting in a bath tub full of ice minus a kidney.

I provided you with my personal information voluntarily, this and contributed some decent stuff to your board, then the second I knock back a date with one of your henchmen...(I was scared shitless, I'm sorry....remind me to accept virtual strangers invitations to go out fishing with them via text message in future )... or was this some sort of interview /test to see if I would accept? And as soon as I decline.... I am discarded like a piece of rubbish and accused of all sorts of things...flaming fords youtube for one.

Why have I stepped up the racist jokes in recent months?

Because I am a firm believer in giving people what they ask for....within reason.

You seem to interview a lot of people from Yahoos boards borns/carl....(whywhy and her husband who I think is lilady and Fords).

hhahahha You will never out smart me Carl...but i'll give you credit where it's due, you had me convinced you were some bloke from WA for a while.

You have my number, why after all these years have you attempted to hook me up with others, yourself included under bogus aliases ..yet not once called me on the phone?

Shy?

Or are you not what and who you say you are online?

Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 6:51

Now there, can this be an end to it Carl?

Do we have an understanding?

Smile
Back to top Go down
The Obse

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 9:36

Just think back and try to imagine how many people you've pissed off over the years, Melli.

100+? 1000+? 10,000+?

Now, try to imagine what the chances are of me being who you think I am.
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:33

Just think back and try to imagine how many times you have had a go at me over the years,

100+? 1000+? 10,000+?

Now try to imagine the surprised expression on my face *gasps* whilst I collect myself and ponder the notion of your being NOT CARL, despite your apparent knowledge base concerning the said 100+ 1000+ 10,000+ people I have pissed off over the years this and numerous complaints you have sent to my hosts complaint forum under this same name. Are you telling me that I have standard to maintain, and that rather than having simply irked a handful of disgruntled forum trolls over the years, it's likely that my remarks have pissed off an entire rural township?

Funny, because whenever I read the complaints against my content, some how or another the name "Carl" appears to coincide with the complaint, ...when in true OCD form like an artist or a writer proudly using a non de plume ...there you are moaning and groaning again . So tell me, why is it that of the 10,000+ people I have allegedly pissed off over the years is it that only one or two melli-haters (Carl being one of them) complain here?

Smile

I have had more positive than negative feedback over the years...

Fancy that eh?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Ironi

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:33

Quote :
For christ sakes, get an IM service and stop using the boards to encourage people to post their personal information ...

LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 10:59

If 1000's of people were genuinely offended by my commentary .. this and like you, truly felt as passionate about expressing this view openly on my board....then where are they now?

Truth is ... you clearly have your nose out of joint, and why this is I have no idea, when I am no longer posting on Yahoos boards. Why aren't you happy?

Let me remind you that this is Ausatire, not Yahoo...and any complaints you have concerning this boards commentary should be FIRST submitted to this boards administrator, then if you are disatisfied with the outcome of your enquiry, complaint you may direct your concerns to freeforums litigation team.
Refer to the direct link at the bottom of this sites page.

Smile.. finally, if you're still not satisfied with the outcome of your enquiry/s, you may sort legal aid from Mwklad and associates legal services ...their able to be contacted at...

noonganoonganooonga.helpmebruddaimboredshitlessonyahoosboards.com.au

And let it be known,

that both positive and negative feedback concerning this forums operations and content is held in the highest esteem, courtesy of your friendly forum administrator.

ME!
Smile
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:34

Mr_Ironi wrote:
Quote :
For christ sakes, get an IM service and stop using the boards to encourage people to post their personal information ...

LMFAO!

This is why I have disabled the birthday form on this boards profile settings, so that people may only display their star-sign if they wish.

I have never been a profile gawker....I relate to people as I find them in accordance with their posting style...and unless they specifically suggest I look at their profile...I generally don't.

I have also disabled personal messaging on these boards, and groups also....so as to keep the place as open-book and friendly as possible.

If people want to interact with one another privately, then there are plenty of other forums for that.....some of which make it compulsory that you advise of your DOB, gender, eldest child's name second cousins sisters name and so forth in order to simply register.

Why should anyone feel obliged to provide personal information about themselves on a pubic message board?

I have also disabled the report abuse feature, (given some people abuse this button on other sites) rather have requested that people bring offensive posts to my attention down on the feedback forum (under an annon user ID if preferred) whereby others may have an opinion and discuss the alleged offensive post in question so it's a group decision to have it pulled, (not just mine) unless it's illegal and defamatory in nature, this opposed to groups intentionally and discretely hitting the report button to have peoples posts pulled or their user name banned simply out of spite.

Smile
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:42

I have learned that if you find yourself on a public message board/forum which pressures it's users, or worse, DEMANDS they divulge their personal information, (force you to lie about your age, gender, etc in order to maintain privacy so you may register) ...this and it's regulars demand to know who you are, what you ate for breakfast, what you are having for dinner, what your star sign/gender is , how many kids you have the moment you post a comment, it's usually a fishing site filled with those who set out to exploit others in various ways...this or RSVP.

Smile
Back to top Go down
VCM

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:50

"this or RSVP."

HA lol! HAHA

Oh and BTW I love the way posts can be coloured
Back to top Go down
mellie

mellie

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb 2010 - 11:55

Smile... be as colourful as you like.

These buttons are here to have fun with, so feel free to play with them.

I'm still learning what half of them do myself....only learned how to post a video yesterday.

Smile Medulla (a respected member here ) doesn't know this yet but he is our boards tech-advisor...lol..when you can catch him.

He pops in here at night sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Their boards flopped   Their boards flopped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Their boards flopped
Page 1 of 1